A blogger is someone that writes a blog. A blog is an online journal that a writer can use to share his ideas, thoughts, expertise, or interests. Therefore, a blogger is someone that writes his ideas and thoughts online. Blogging is about self-expression. Bloggers write about their lives, their experiences, their expertise, their passions, and their opinions.
Because many do not understand blogging, they expect journalism from bloggers. Bloggers express how they feel about issues. On the other hand, a journalist is someone who writes for a magazine or newspaper, usually writing news items and is required to tell all sides of a story. Journalists are required to be unbiased and to refrain from expressing their opinions in news stories. Journalists are required to have a number of different sources before publishing an article. Objectivity is key in journalism. Blogger can be biased.
Blogging is not journalism. Blogging involves self-expression. Journalism seeks to disseminate facts as unbiased and be as impersonal as possible.
In their pure forms, journalism and blogging are two different professions, though they may have similarities and may overlap.
• Write fiction or nonfiction through scripts, novels, and biographies.
• Conduct research to obtain factual information and authentic detail.
• Choose subject matter that interests readers.
• Work with editors and clients to shape the material so it can be published.
• Manage the blog community by moderating and responding to comments.
• SEO implementation.
• Handle social media marketing activities such as posting to Twitter and Facebook.
• Answer emails on behalf of the blog.
• Perform blog maintenance activities such as updating plugins.
• Write content for the blog.
• Analyze web analytics data to gauge content performance.
• Manage split testing and other content performance tests.
• Manage subscriptions, syndication, and email newsletters.
• Manage guest posting requests.
You should have;
• Reading skills
• Listening skills
• Writing skills
• Good communication skill
• Presentation skill
• Sharing skill
Interested applicants should have;
• Entry level
• Degree/HND certificate is not necessary but gives better chances.
• Proven working experience (at least 12months)
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 08 — show phone
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.