TEMPERATURE/HUMIDITY & POWER SENSOR
Temperature/Humidity & Power Sensor Notifications & Alert
An essential part of any server room monitoring system is accurate temperature and humidity monitoring. High temperatures can lead to system failure, unwanted downtime and costly repairs. Our Intelligent G-Alert Temperature & Humidity sensors help to avoid these costly errors with easy to configure, cost effective systems that are ready to run, right out of the box.
Events that lead to IT equipment disaster and failure can be avoid by using G-Alert device to proactively alert the IT staff to maintain equipment correctly or to take corrective action. When events occur, this intelligent Monitoring system can be configured to send notifications alert at interval to an IT Staff
Monitoring air temperature is essential in any area with IT equipment. It is particularly important to monitor air temperature in rooms, racks, and directly around the equipment. The common method of achieving this is by using intelligent temperature monitor sensors. If air temperature is not monitored, it can lead to equipment failure or a reduction in the equipment lifespan. This is caused by air temperatures above equipment specifications and frequent, drastic temperature changes.
An optimal environmental monitoring strategy includes intelligent temperature sensors like G-Alert. These should be placed on top, middle of server room close to the racks to measure the heat being generated by equipment, and at the air conditioning system’s intake and discharge vents, to measure efficiency. Probes should also be placed around critical devices, because the temperature inside a rack-mounted device could be as much as 20 degrees higher than the surrounding area. A probe near the room’s thermostat can help monitor what the thermostat is ‘seeing’ as it controls the air conditioner.
High humidity may lead to corrosion on electronic components and low humidity levels may cause issues with static electricity. Humidity must be monitored at the room and rack level. The focus must be on the relative humidity at specific operating temperatures - not humidity level general. This is archived by using humidity sensor, if there is too little humidity, equipment failure can be caused by static electricity buildup. If there is too much humidity, condensation can cause equipment failure and create and unsafe working environment for personnel
Monitoring Power supply in your server room is great advantage, you will be notify by SMS message as soon as electricity power goes out from your datacenter or server room, an IT STAFF can respond on time to safeguard unexpected total shut down of your equipment in sever room, this can also be use to monitor Inverter battery, UPS and the last Remote area Solar Power Plant.
The G-Alert Environment Alarm is special for remotely monitoring onsite temperature, humidity, power status through wireless GSM Network. When the temperature, humidity, power voltage exceed high threshold or low threshold value, the system will send SMS alert to up to 10 preset mobile phones numbers immediately and automatically.
Just dial the system from Authorized User number, the G-Alert Environment Alarm will reject the call at the first “Ring" (no communication cost) and then return the current temperature, humidity, power status or voltage. Moreover, it can report onsite environment at intervals or daily.
The G-Alert Environment Alarm can be used for monitoring Server room, Office, Meeting Room, Laboratory, Library, Solar power, Class Room, Public Room, Waiting Room, Hospital, Warehouses, Stations, Remote sites or anywhere that requires monitoring of temperature, humidity and power.
• Can be operated from anywhere, no distance limitation.
• No call charges for inquiry, the G-alert Environment Alarm rejects the call from authorized number then returns onsite temperature, humidity, and power voltage on the first 'ring'.
• Multiple applications (temperature, humidity, power status, solar panel, dc voltage)
• Up to 10 authorized phone numbers, 5 can be used to receive call or SMS, and 5 can be used to call and SMS during alarm occurrence.
• One Temperature & Humidity sensor input, measures temperatures from -40-80'C to 0.5°C accuracy.
• Relative Humidity from 0-99RH% , accuracy is 3%.
• External AC Power status monitoring, AC On/OFF will send SMS to authorized phone numbers.
• Inbuilt MCU monitoring the DC input Voltage value, measure range is 9-24VDC, no need for additional sensor to save cost.
• Timer Report—Can be setup to report parameters every x hours automatically by sending status/value to the authorized numbers.
• Support remote reading of historic data via SMS
• Rechargeable Backup Battery inside can last 8hours
• Secure - Using caller ID and password for identification, unknown callers are ignored;
• Programmable by SMS Commands or APPs with password protection
• Based on GSM Network
• Usable for many applications.
Standard Packing List
G-Alert Environment Alarm X 1; Antenna X 1; AC/DC adaptor(12V1 A) X1 ;User Manual X 1. Note: The package does not include any SIM card.
Parameter item: Reference scope
DC Power supply: 9-24VDC, recommend 12VDC1A
Power consumption : 12V input Max. 50mA/Average30Ma
Frequency range SIM: 850/900/1800/1900Mhz
Card: Supporting 3V SIM Card
GSM Antenna: 50 Q SMA Antenna interface
Temperature range: -40-+80 °C
Humidity range: Relative humidity 0-90% (condensation free)
Temp&Humidity: Temperature&Humidity Sensor, -80°C (0.5°C accuracy) .Relative Humidity from 0-99RH%,
accuracy is 3%.
Backup Battery: 900mAH, lasts 8hours
Net Weight: 300 g
G-Alert: Environment monitoring over GSM/GPRS
• With the Android Application software, G-Alert can offer an instantly usable data collection solution.
Data outputs include logs+MS Excel analysis or a XML database.
• SMS notification of up to 10 recipients is advantageous for simple applications.
Text messages can be customized with macros.
• Sensor or device status can be requested by texting or calling the device.
• Configuration software needs no installation. Simply use android application from your phone after connecting the together all the component.
o The internal battery enables alerting to failed/restored power supply. Suitable for monitoring UPS and back-up generators.
o Roaming functions reduce data costs outside of the home GSM network. Suitable for automotive or marine applications.
Applications and usage examples
• GPRS monitoring of a server room without connecting to the local LAN
• Diesel generators – environment and status monitoring
• Back-up power supply systems
• ATM (Automatic Teller Machines) environment monitoring
• Cooling systems and coolers
• Technology along roads, highways, or railroad tracks
• Road surface or railroad track temperature and status
• Temperature and displacement of structures
• Electricity distribution networks (transformer stations, lines)
• Remote area Solar Power Plant
• Monitoring of appliances with consumable, refillable content (vending machines for coffee, sandwiches or drinks, massage chairs, ...)
• Also known as: remote environment monitoring system, monitor server rooms, computer room, network closet, temperature sensor, remote power reboot, server room monitoring.
Environmental threats in your server room can cause a lot more damage than hardware or software problems. Redundant hardware, backup tapes, UPS battery arrays, generators and other fault-tolerance measures can all be rendered useless if your server room overheats or floods. Don't ignore environmental threats – remotely manage them with G-Alert intelligent temperature sensor
• Apart from virus, spyware and network threats, the factors that adversely affect IT operation are temperature, humidity, airflows, smoke, water leak and electricity. The elements have detrimental effect on the equipment and make them sluggish, which ultimately results in the poor performance of business. With this in mind, data center environmental monitoring system seems to have very crucial role in keeping an eye on network closets, server rooms and enterprise level data center. In order to know if there is any problem happening with the server or data center, it is very important to configure your system with features such as alert notifications to received SMS or voice call alarms to notify when something goes wrong
• Various types of sensors can be used to provide early warning of trouble from these threats (i.e. temperature, water leak, Smoke, airflow, Power and many more). Understanding the technique for monitoring distributed physical threats enables the IT administrator to fill critical gaps in overall data-center security and keep physical security aligned with changing data-center infrastructure and availability goals.
• In addition environment monitoring systems also deliver real time alerting. Server room environments are highly sensitive. Heightened temperature or humidity or water ingress are serious issues requiring immediate remediation. Environment monitors can alert you to problems proactively helping you to minimize system downtime. Unexpected system downtime is incredibly costly to a data center